Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Music

Music is important to my work and how I work. In the studio, I usually have some music on in the studio. I like to listen to something that has a good beat or rhythm. Lately I have been listening to prog. rock. I like songs that gradually build up to a climax. It kind of echo's how we work. We start making things and gradually work our way to the  climax, which would be the final firing. Some of the bands that I listen to are Isis, Tool, Ben Harper and the Relentless 7, Minus the Bear and Radiohead.

A few more weeks to go into the semester. Firing four kilns a week. Trying to get some packets together to send out to some galleries.  I feel like I am starting to get a consistent body of work.  I think when you start out in clay you want to try everything and find what fits you. An artist is always evolving and improving their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment